Government, at every level, has been a willing participant in advancing the LGBT agenda. Using thug-like tactics, these Gay Mafia henchmen threaten and intimidate anyone who refuses to embrace the LGBT lie that sexual deviance and sexual confusion is normal. And at the same time, they work to eliminate morality and Christianity from American society.
Here are a few examples from this past year alone:
- Despite a recent statement by American College of Pediatricians that shows how promoting transgenderism is essentially child abuse, school districts in North Carolina, Michigan, California and Washington created policies and procedures designed to create “gender-neutral” classrooms where transgenderism is embraced and endorsed without parental or doctoral involvement.
- Gov. Nathan Deal of Georgia vetoed a state version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act because protecting the First Amendment rights of Christians might offend the LGBT community
- The California legislature presented a bill targeting Christian colleges and universities that refused to embrace transgenderism. Violators would be denied grants and other funds often necessary for poor students to attend.
- In Iowa, the Civil Rights Commission released rules requiring churches to facilitate transgender bathroom laws in addition to preventing churches from preaching against the LGBT agenda from the pulpit.
- New York City released a list of 31 genders for landlords and businesses to recognize. Failure to follow the new guidelines will subject violators to fines of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Perhaps the most successful henchman in the Gay Mafia has come from the federal government level.
- America’s First Gay President, Barack Obama, successfully led the fight a few years ago to repeal Don’t Ask-Don’t Tell. While that is old news, we have witnessed Obama’s socially-engineered military effectively silence Christianity on military bases over the past year in the name of LGBT tolerance.
- In June, Obama repealed the ban preventing cross-dressing transgendered troops from openly serving in the military.
- Obama has been aggressively using a perverted–pardon the pun–interpretation of Title IX to promote transgenderism by threatening to cutoff federal funds to states for schools, transportation and housing for failing to recognize the issue as a civil rights matter.
- Obama’s Education Department Secretary, John B. King Jr., called laws that deny public school students access to bathrooms and locker rooms designated for the opposite sex “problematic” and “hateful.”
- Last week, Obama issued a directive granting transgendered individuals access to thousands of federally operated restrooms based on their gender identity instead of their biological sex.
- And it was just a little more than a year ago that the Supreme Court found a non-existent constitutional right for same-sex couples to marry in the Obergefell v. Hodges case.
So, why did we take this little trip down memory lane? I wanted to briefly demonstrate how far and how fast we have fallen, and I wanted to let you know about two recent events that could be an indication that the tide is about to turn.
- A federal judge in Fort Worth, TX ruled in favor of 13 states that had argued that a directive issued by Obama requiring all US public schools to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice based on gender identity violated the state’s right to local control, and it threatened student safety.
- A new report by two of America’s leading scholars on mental health and sexuality has concluded that sexual orientation and transgenderism is a matter of choice, and that there is no evidence supporting the LGBT claim that they are born that way.
With the current political climate, the outcome of this issue remains in serious doubt. But for now, it looks like things cold be moving in a better direction.
David Leach is the owner of The Strident Conservative, your source for opinion that’s politically-incorrect and always “right.” His articles can also be found on RedState.com.
His daily radio commentary is nationally syndicated with Salem Radio Network and can be heard on stations across America.