Speaking to representatives of African governments and dictators during UN climate talks in Germany on Monday, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius stated that the United Nations and its member regimes must sidestep the Constitution and the U.S. Congress in order to save the world from global warming.
The Socialist Party foreign policy chief, who will host the upcoming UN “climate change” meetings in Paris, told the delegates that the formation of a planetary climate regime, tasked with curbing alleged man-made global warming by regulating and taxing emissions of CO2, would never happen otherwise:
“We know the politics in the United States. Whether we like it or not, if it comes to the (U.S.) Congress, they will refuse.”
“We must find a formula which is valuable for everybody and valuable for the U.S. without going to the Congress.”
Fabius explained that the agreement to form the regime, set to be finalized in Paris later this year, must be imposed on the United States by the Obama administration and the UN–without the consent of the American people or the treaty ratification process outlined in the U.S. Constitution.
Of course Obama has already embraced the climate regime concept, essentially surrendering U.S. sovereignty to a “global” governmental body in order to save the world from itself, so these comments aren’t really surprising. But they provide reason to be concerned:
- Obama has already demonstrated his willingness to use his “pen and phone” whenever the Constitution or Congress get in the way of his “I know best” radical agenda.
- The Republican-controlled House and Senate is full of spineless cowards who have established a long history of capitulating to the administration.
These two realities are reason enough to be concerned, but now we have a really BIG reason: the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement and Fast Track Authority. Obama wants it! The RINOs want it! And if it becomes law, the agreement, which will cover nearly half of all global trade, could be the tool Obama needs to put America under UN control.
Even though it’s being called a “free trade agreement,” much of the TPP doesn’t deal with trade at all. Food safety, the internet, medicine costs, financial regulations, the environment, and more would be subject to the agreement. Most troubling are the “fast track” provisions.
Fast track gives Obama key congressional powers, eliminating the checks and balances provided in the Constitution, specifically:
- Power to select trade partners
- Power to set terms and sign “trade” agreements before Congress votes on them
- Power to write legislation to change all U.S. laws needed to conform with the agreements, avoid congressional review and amendments, and directly submit legislation for a vote
- Power to force votes once submitting legislation to Congress
- Power to override normal voting rules, including: banning amendments and limiting debate, including in the Senate
The power this would give Obama to place America under UN control when it comes to global warming–and maybe void the 2nd Amendment–cannot be denied or ignored.
Regardless of what certain Gutless On Principles (GOP) Hall of Shame member Paul Ryan might tell you about how awesome the TPP and Fast Track are, it’s a really bad deal for Constitution-loving Americans.