The only thing worse than Republicans selling us out, bastardizing our values, breaking promises and lying about it, and downright making our views unpopular with the public, is for us to become content with and even excuse this behavior.
Thanks to the soft bigotry of low expectations, much of our movement is now pacified by merely finding a few random roses Republicans throw at us amidst the endless acts of political adultery on the legacy issues that matter. The binary idolatry of “well, the Democrats would be worse” is destroying our own movement and permanently ceding ground that might never be recovered.
In this action-packed episode, Daniel goes through the litany of betrayals and perfidy from this week on almost every major issue that counts. The question is: are conservatives going to accept this as the soft bigotry of low expectations or will we finally take our destiny into our own hands?
If conservatives don’t demand action, we will forever cede ground on important issues. Worse, the terrible body of the GOP that is trapping and bastardizing our views is rapidly making our views unpopular on issues that were once easy winners.
- Lighting up America: Judge Roy Moore running for Senate
- Freedom Caucus tried its best, but Obamacare bill is still lousy
- Rogue judge sides with sanctuary cities. Will Congress respond?
- Promise not kept: Trump’s illegal executive amnesty
- Run over by a parked car: Trump and Republicans cave on budget
- Rick Perry Calls for staying in Paris climate agreement
- White House continuing illegal Obamacare payments
- Trump administration defending contraception mandate in court
Daniel Horowitz is a Senior Editor at Conservative Review, a Conservative writer, and a policy analyst focusing on the hot-button issues in Congress. He is the author of the new book, Stolen Sovereignty: How to Stop Unelected Judges from Transforming America.
Follow Daniel on Twitter: @RMConservative