The color of Obama’s skin has always been used when politically convenient. Notice I didn’t say anything about him being black – because he is, after all, half-white – although it has recently been “discovered” that “The One” might actually be “The One,” due to the fact that his lineage may actually go back to the very first black slave in American history.
I say the first black slave because there were also white slaves in 1647 Virginia, due to a draconian practice at the time that obligated poor men to years of uncompensated work in exchange for land warrants and debt repayment. I wonder if it would be as big a deal if Obama’s lineage was traced back to a white slave. I’m guessing it wouldn’t, but that probably makes me a racist.
It turns out that there is still a white connection to his black history. In an interesting twist of irony, his connection to slavery comes from his “white half” – that is, his white mother – instead of his black father. You just can’t make this stuff up, though that hasn’t stopped Ancestry.com from trying:
The findings are scheduled to be announced on Monday by Ancestry.com, a genealogy company based in Provo, Utah. Its team, while lacking definitive proof, said it had evidence that “strongly suggests” Mr. Obama’s family tree — on his mother’s side — stretches back nearly four centuries to a slave in colonial Virginia named John Punch. (emphasis mine)
Actually, the timing of this announcement – don’t we have an election coming up in a few months? – brings to light a disturbing, but predictable trend when it comes to dealing with Barack Hussein Obama. Whenever he – or a member of his administration – gets into a little bit of trouble, his race – actually only half of his race – is brought up to remind us all that he is a black man.
Some highlights from Barry and his gang mentioning race for no reason other than to make race an issue:
- “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen” because she was white..” – Barack Obama Dreams From My Father
- “Did I mention that he’s black” – Obama during a FL fundraiser mocking Republicans in 2007
- Race and ethnicity should be considered as a judge – Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- “Race remains a factor in the society” – Obama after Cambridge police arrested his black friend before the facts were in
- White polluters and white environmentalists are steering poison into the people of color communities – Van Jones (ex-Green Energy Czar)
- “You can’t vote against healthcare and call yourself a black man.” – Jesse Jackson during Obamacare debate
- Obama — a “light-skinned’ African American ‘with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one” – Harry Reid from his book (Game Changer)
- “In things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be… essentially a nation of cowards.” – Eric Holder speech
- Obstructing Obamacare is equivalent to obstructing the abolition of slavery according to Harry Reid
- Calling Obama a liar will bring back the KKK according to Rep. Hank Johnson (R-GA)
- Race a key component in TEA Party protests – Barack Obama (US News article)
- “This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him, both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.” – Eric Holder in the Fast and Furious Investigation
- “What Issa just showed us is that no matter what our stature in this world, someone can easily try to put us (blacks) in our place.” – Al Sharpton commenting on Eric Holder and Fast and Furious
- “If I had son, he’d look like Trayvon” - Barack Obama on the Trayvon Martin death
Well, you get the idea. However, the use of the race card doesn’t end with the politicians. The
Obama Propaganda Machine Obama Fan Club mainstream media – are happy to climb aboard the “it’s because he’s black” train to November. Some recent incidents include:
- Newt Gingrich insulted black Americans for advocating child employment according to Juan Williams (FOX News)
- White liberals are guilty of electoral racism for holding a black President to a higher standard according to Melissa Harris-Perry (MSNBC host)
- Racism could re-emerge as a factor significant enough to sink Obama’s re-election according to Clarence Page (Chicago Tribune)
- Mitt Romney’s visit to Poland was for the purpose of securing the white Reagan Democrats according to Cokie Roberts (NPR)
- Racism will be the third rail of the 2012 election according to Jim Moss (Daily Kos)
- Race issues beset Obama’s “post-racial” presidency according to Patricia Zengerle (Reuters)
Problems are created however when the criticism of Barack the Magic Negro, a name - despite accusations from Al Sharpton, originated from a black writer with the L.A. Times and not Rush Limbaugh - comes from other black Americans. Just this week, Rev. William Owens, the leader of the Coalition of African-American Pastors, called out Obama for his recent
evolution political chameleonism in supporting homosexual marriage.
“For the homosexual community and for the president to bow to the money as Judas did for Jesus Christ is a disgrace and we’re ashamed,” said Owens, the president and founder of the Coalition for African-American Pastors.
“If you watch the men who have been caught having sex with little boys,” said Owens, “you will note that all of them will say that I was molested as a child. A man molested me in my home, wherever they will say they were molested. And for the president to condone this type thing knowing the full facts is just irresponsible.”
Owens added that the “president is in the White House because of the Civil Rights movement, and I was a leader in that. And I didn’t march one inch, one foot, one yard for a man to marry a man and a woman to marry a woman. So the president has forgotten the price that was paid … where they gave their blood to have equal rights in the United States.”
I guess Rev. Owens and the other members of his African-American coalition are just a bunch of racists who hate Obama because he’s black, right?
The fact that a man of color has reached the pinnacle of political power in the United States is something that America could have taken pride in. Sadly, the race-baiting used by Obama and the rest of the liberal-left has taken the shine off of this moment in history, and it’s likely to continue.
But, that what’s you get from Obama. He’s black – and white – and racist all over.
What others had to say:
- Obama descended from slave ancestor, researchers say – Washington Post
- Black pastor accuses Obama of condoning child rape by supporting gay marriage – Daily Caller
- Is Obama’s Race a Net Negative at the Polls? - National Review
- With Obama as president have race relations improved in America? – Christian Science Monitor
- Federal Court finds Obama appointees interfered with New Black Panther prosecution – Washington Examiner
- Barack Obama and Racial Double Standards – Commentary Magazine
- Are Race Riots News? – Townhall.com