On a day when America celebrates the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr., Juan Williams (proof positive that FOX News is not the bastion of conservatives that liberals believe it to be) decided to celebrate the day by playing the race card in a question he asked in tonight’s Republican Presidential Debate.
He asked Newt Gingrich if he could see why so many people, and particularly African-Americans, would be insulted by his controversial statements concerning child employment. He also asked, after making mention that his email account was full of messages from “people of all races” – not exactly sure how he knows the race of these messages – he wondered if Gingrich’s comments were intended to belittle minorities and the poor.
The question was roundly booed and Newt knocked out Juan with one punch. Oops, did that statement sound like I’m encouraging violence against minorities?
What others had to say:
- Gingrich Defends Himself From Charges Of Racial Insensitivity, Gets Standing Ovation – Daily Caller
- Gingrich Defends ‘Food Stamp President’ Comment, Explains How He’d Handle Unemployment Benefits – The Blaze
- Video: Gingrich vs. Juan Williams on the “food-stamp president” – HotAir.com
- Juan Williams Question Booed At Republican Debate – Hot Air Pundit
- Newt Gingrich absolutely obliterates Fox News race baiting hack Juan Williams – Fire Andrea Mitchell
- Do Black Americans Want Pay Checks Or Welfare Checks? – The Neosecularist