And hey, it’s a tolerant one too.
Even though the Apologist-in-Chief sent a personal message to Afghan President Hamid Karzi for the burning of jihadist notebooks masquerading as copies of the Quran, two U.S. troops were shot to death and four more wounded by an Afghan solider who turned his gun on his allies in apparent anger over the burning.
President Obama sent Afghan President Hamid Karzai a letter on Thursday apologizing for the alleged burning of Korans at a U.S. military base, Karzai’s office confirmed on its website.
“I wish to express my deep regret for the reported incident,” Obama wrote. “I extend to you and the Afghan people my sincere apologies.”
The president concludes the letter: “The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible.”
Gee, wouldn’t it be nice if Barry was as concerned about his trampling on the First Amendment rights of Christians regarding his contraception mandate as he is about offending Muslim extremists?
But hey, that’s not all.
A trial court located in the Gilan Province of Iran has sentenced Christian pastor Yousef Nadarkhani to death for the crime of converting from Islam to Christianity – because there’s no better way to say “religion of peace” than to kill your former followers.
Maybe Obama could send a letter to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad apologizing for Christianity with a promise to hold Jesus Christ accountable for any future conversions. They just might buy it since Barry is, after all, the messiah according to Nation of Islam leader, Louis Farrakhan.
Or maybe we could just start treating the situation like the serious problem it is. As Newt Gingrich said about the apology situation:
“This destructive double standard whereby the United States and its democratic allies refuse to hold accountable leaders who tolerate systematic violence and oppression in their borders must come to an end.”
What others had to say:
- Obama apologizes for Koran burning incident in Afghanistan – HotAir.com
- Video: Top U.S. commander in Afghanistan apologizes for Koran-burning – HotAir.com
- Palin: When does Karzai apologize for one of his troops killing two of our soldiers over the Koran-burning? – HotAir.com
- Gingrich, Palin Blast Obama Koran Burning Apology – NewMax.com
- Tolerance: Two U.S. Troops Murdered by Afghan Soldier After Koran Burning – Townhall.com
- Christian pastor sentenced to death in Iran for abandoning Islam – Daily Caller
- Obama apologizes to Muslims for American troops burning Korans – Newt Gingrich is rightfully pissed off about it – FireAndreaMitchell.com