A mysterious billboard has gone up in Minnesota featuring a picture of former President George W. Bush with the words “Miss Me Yet?” As a strident conservative, there may be those who think they know how I would answer that question, but most of those people would be wrong.
Yeah, I guess I miss having a President who doesn’t think the world revolves around him. I miss being able to turn the TV on without being exposed to another episode of the Barack Hussein Obama Hour. I miss treating terrorist bent on destroying America as war criminals instead of handling them like the guy who held up the 7-11.
But as Michelle Malkin so aptly put it, there are many things about “The Compassionate Conservative” (code for Progressive Republican) that I don’t miss all that much. Even though he fought a good war against terrorism (something else I miss), she lists these things as reasons NOT to miss Bush:
1) joined with open-borders progressives McCain and Kennedy to try to force shamnesty down our throats;
2) massively expanded the federal role in education;
3) championed the Medicare prescription drug entitlement using phony math;
4) kowtowed to the jihadi-enabling Saudis;
5) stocked the Department of Homeland Security with incompetents and cronies;
6) pushed a form of Hillarycare for housing;
8. nominated crony Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court;
9) pre-socialized the economy for Obama by embracing TARP, the auto bailouts, the AIG bailout, and in his own words:
“I’ve abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system.”
On this last point, there’s no difference between “The Decider” and “The One.” Both of them practice of a form of corporate socialism that ignores the Constitution, increases the national debt to unsustainable levels and decreases individual liberties.
What others had to say: