During his campaign for president, the annointed one promised to create an energy policy that would decrease America’s dependence on Middle-East oil. Accompanied with loan commitments of $2 billion of the taxpayer’s hard-earned money, the all-knowing and all-wise messiah took a giant leap for “energy-kind” toward keeping this vital promise.
But alas, the news isn’t as it appears.
While it is true that the CEO of Goverment Motors has committed to the development of off-shore energy sources, it’s not America’s shores we’re talking about. Instead, he is making this significant investment in Brazil’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil’s Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro.
So, let me get this straight.
- The chosen one has decided that drilling for oil off of our shores is an environmental nightmare that will do nothing to lessen our “addiction” (the messiah’s words – not mine) to the earth-killing, CO2 causing, black poison, but helping Brazil in this manner will?
- He has determined that the road to energy independence will be accomplished by shutting down all attempts to develop the incredible resources available on American soil (which include oil shale in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming – estimated to contain up to a trillion barrels of oil – and millions of barrels in Alaska and off of our own shores) while we fund billions for another country to do it for us?
- While I may never ascend to his level of knowing all, doesn’t that keep America on the “dependent-on-foreign-sources” side of the equation?
But hey, it gets better. It turns out that one of the messiah’s closest friends, George Soros, will be making a killing thanks to this action. For the unintiated, Soros is a multi-billionaire who has made it his life’s mission to destroy conservatives and conservative causes. So, not only does the this decision fail to improve America’s energy position, but one of Obama’s best buds – and a major player in getting him elected – could realize a financial windfall.
Gee, I wonder when we’ll see the state-run media doing an investigative report into the details of this one. I’m sure they’ll look into it after they conclude their investigation of the Organizer-in-Chief and his connection to such stellar organizations as A.C.O.R.N. – yeah, right.
Thanks to Obama’s bold leadership, America will continue to depend on sources of energy we don’t control, while pumping money into the economy of another country and creating jobs for non-Americans. In addition, he’ll line the pockets of one of his biggest supporters with billions of taxpayer dollars.
So, rejoice America! Obama finally supports off-shore drilling.
What others had to say:
- Good news: Obama backs off-shore drilling! Update: A Soros Connection? – Hot Air
- Obama & Soros back OFFSHORE DRILLING … – INGunOwners
- The Barton Bulletin » Obama Pushes Offshore Drilling
- The Ultimate Insider Trading
- US support for offshore drilling [updated] « Nebraska Redneck
- Obama to invest in offshore oil drilling – in Brazil! Soros stands to reap dividends! | The Lonely Conservative
- No Runny Eggs » Blog Archive » Drill Here, Drill Now Tuesday (8/18/2009) – offshore edition – UPDATE – With a Soros connection?
- Obama administration to support offshore drilling… in Brazil | Radio Vice Online
- Obama authorizes financing for offshore drilling – Sister Toldjah
- Team Obama Funds Oil Drilling Project in Brazil… Nixes Offshore Drilling In US …Update: Soros Invested Heavily in Petrobras – Gateway Pundit