You’ve got to love the open-minded thinking of the liberal left, particularly when someone holds an opinion that contradicts anything they consider to be a fact. Our latest example of this type of behavior comes from the official newspaper of the radical left-wing extremists, The New York Times.
In an Op-Ed from by Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman, we discover that anyone who doesn’t fall for the hysterical hype known as “climate change” (they stopped using the words “global warming” once the planet started cooling about a decade ago) are nothing more than a group of “deniers” who are guilty of “treason” against the planet.
Treason? Are you freakin’ kidding me? I wonder what Mr. Krugman would call the N.Y. Times when they disclosed government secrets in the war against terrorism during their blatant attacks against George W. Bush, a public service? Oh wait, that IS what they called it, but I digress…
Mr. Krugman, who writes a column entitled the “Conscience of a Liberal” (talk about an oxymoron) falls in the same camp as those who believe that if you don’t bow at the altar of the Church of Global Warming, you are a heretic worthy of hell (well, if that’s where they’re going to end up, a hotter planet would be great preparation). If you refuse to accept the infallibility of Pope Al Gore – even though his movie has been proven to be full of errors – and his “settled science” Bishops, you are “irresponsible and immoral.”
Of course, he makes most of the same false claims that the global cooling “deniers” (see, I can use the word too) have been spewing to scare folks into believing this nonsense, including:
- The ice caps are shrinking - In a report prepared by he Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (April, 2009) the South Pole has shown “significant cooling in recent decades” and “Sea ice conditions have remained stable in Antarctica generally,” according to Dr. Ian Allison – head of the Australia Antarctic Division glaciology program. A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded.
- Arid zones spreading at a “terrifying rate” (whatever that means) – arid zones have much more to do with urban development, over use of farm lands and the occasional drought than global warming might. Take a look at some pictures from the “Dust Bowl” days during the Great Depression and you’ll see a real “terrifying rate” when it comes to arid zone growth. Coincidentally, that was the last time temperatures in the U.S. were in the range we are experiencing now.
He also cites a study by M.I.T., who were previously predicting a temperature rise of a little more than 4 degrees by the end of this century, but are now predicting a rise of more than 9 degrees. Why the change in their prediction? Global greenhouse gas emissions are rising faster than expected. More hysteria, and here’s why – In a report by Alan Carlin of the E.P.A. (the same one that was suppressed before the cap and tax vote on Friday), a chart shows temperatures actually cooling over the past several years while CO2 increased. Gee, wouldn’t the opposite happen if CO2 was responsible for this “problem?”
Perhaps the most insane comment in this piece of excrement from the liberal with a conscience came from the comparison he tried to draw between terrorism and global warming. I’ve heard the “climatrons” make this comparison before, but it was how he made the comparison that made it so absurd.
“Do you remember the days when Bush administration officials claimed that terrorism posed an “existential threat” to America, a threat in whose face normal rules no longer applied? That was hyperbole — but the existential threat from climate change is all too real.”
Terrorism is “hype” but the threat from climate change is “real?” I bet the thousands who died in N.Y. and Washington D.C. on September 11, 2001 will be glad to know that. I guess it was a heat wave that melted the World Trade Center, not burning jet fuel.
Of course, it should be no surprise that the official paper of the Obama administration doesn’t believe in terrorism – even he doesn’t use the term anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if the N.Y. Times helped coin the “man-caused disaster” phrase, which replaced the word “terrorism” in the messiah’s White House. Hey, wait a minute – global warming is supposedly man made too. Am I sensing a trend here?
I guess this lowly blogger shouldn’t be criticizing a Nobel Prize writer, nor the winner of a Nobel Prize for science (fiction), especially since this whole climate change thing is “settled science.” But in times like these, I find great inspiration from another Nobel Prize recipient, Albert Einstein:
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
Albert sounds like someone committing treason, doesn’t he?
What others had to say:
- An Inconvenient Voice: Dr. Alan Carlin – P A Pundits – International
- Video: EPA dissenter Alan Carlin speaks - Michelle Malkin
- Liberal Obama’s Ideological Battle Versus Science « NEOAVATARA
- Energy Czar Doesn’t Really Know All That Is in Energy Cap-and-Trade Tax Bill « Frugal Café Blog Zone
- Global Warming Study Suppressed by EPA: Discovered and Released « Frugal Café Blog Zone
- EPA Report Suppressed; EPA Climate Change Report Cover Up Obama to Blame? » Right Pundits
- Vote Against Cap-and-Trade ‘Betraying the Planet’, says NY Times — The Truth Is, Vote For Cap-and-Trade Is Betraying Your Kids and Grandkids « Quick Daily Hits — Politics and Such
- FACTS: WHY VOTE AGAINST CAP & TRADE (HR2454) « FactReal