In case you haven’t been paying attention, the folks at Chic-fil-A have been under assault by those “tolerant” liberals for taking an unpopular and politically incorrect position – which is one more reason why I love it – on the subject of homosexual marriage.
A few questions:
- Why are people who take a position based on their faith-based values considered intolerant but those who take the opposite position using their ????-based values are considered tolerant?
- Doesn’t the belief in moral relativism held by many who support homosexual marriage allow for those who don’t believe in it to hold an opposing point of view?
- Doesn’t the fact that there are some who attempt to silence those they disagree with prove they are intolerant?
But I digress. . .
The latest clash of “values” comes to us courtesy of Chicago, IL. You know Chicago – the town where murder rate exceeds those seen from the war in Afghanistan.
As WBEZ reports, while some 2,000 U.S. troops have been killed in Afghanistan since 2001, more than 5,000 people have been killed by gun fire in Chicago during that time, based on Department of Defense and FBI data.
So of course, when a company dedicated “to glorify(ing) God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to (them)” and “hav(ing) a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A” wants to bring jobs and tax revenue to the Values Capital of the World by opening a second store, Rahm “Rhambo” Emanuel has pledged to block the effort.
“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,” the mayor said in a statement. “They disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents. This would be a bad investment, since it would be empty.”
Of course, denying someone the opportunity to conduct a legal business based on their religious beliefs is completely unconstitutional. But as the former Chief-of-staff to the man leading the nation in assaults against the Constitution, I’m sure he won’t let a little thing like the 1st Amendment get in the way of Chicago values.
In response to the intolerance being shown by the left-wing extremists, Mike Huckabee is leading a “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day” on August 1st. If you support the 1st Amendment and want to take a stand against liberal bigotry, consider patronizing the Chick-fil-A near you to show your support.
Chicago values – an oxymoron if there ever was one.
What others had to say:
- Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values” – HotAir.com
- Michelle Malkin » Hey, Boston: Leave Chick-fil-A alone; Update: Chicago alderman, Mayor Rahm jump on Chick-fil-A ban wagon
- Chicago Politics: Alderman Denying Chick-Fil-A Permit Over Politcal Views – Townhall.com