At least, that’s the position taken by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver – the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus – in an interview with The Daily Caller.
Following his appearance at Republican Rep. Allen West’s Black Conservative Forum, Cleaver elaborated on his past comments about Obama’s image in the African American community, saying, “The point I was making is that black people hold the president in such high esteem, that they would not dare march on the White House even though unemployment is at 15 percent and higher and if there was a white president we would do that because we’ve had white presidents since George Washington.” (emphasis mine)
Of course, playing the race card when it comes to dealing with the Community Organizer-In-Chief has become standard operating procedure for certain leaders in the black community.
- It was Jesse Jackson who claimed that blacks were genetically wired to support Obamacare and therefore CBC members had to support it.
- It was Eric Holder who called America a nation of cowards when dealing with racial issues and it was he who accused those who would question him over Fast and Furious as racist.
- It was Juan Williams who accused Newt Gingrich in the S.C. Republican debates of racist motivations in some of his policy positions.
- And of course, Obama himself – as can be documented from his books along with his political career – has used the color of his skin to deflect criticism his whole life.
Civil Rights Leader, Martin Luther King Jr. – whose birthday was celebrated last week – had an opinion on race that I find appropriate on the topic.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
I’m not sure why the Emmanuel Cleavers of the world haven’t figured this out yet when it comes to dealing with the Anointed One.
Maybe it’s because Obama is half-white. Naw, that would mean that blacks would have to march. . . . . . . . . . . . . . doesn’t it?
What others had to say:
- CBC chairman: African Americans would ‘march on the White House’ if Obama wasn’t black – The Daily Caller
- Black Caucus Leader: We Won’t March Against Obama – Newsmax
- CBC’s Cleaver: We would be ‘marching on the White House’ if Obama weren’t president – HotAir.com
- Alan West Republic